WHO YOU ARE
You are an ambitious and driven lawyer who will be the right-hand resource for our Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary. An expert in juggling multiple priorities, you will support the team in a wide range of legal and corporate matters at our Vancouver office and across all our domestic and foreign operations. You fit our company DNA smart, intuitive, tech-savvy, driven and agile, and you are keen to learn, grow and develop new skills. Above all, you are action-oriented and solutions-focused, you thrive in a fast-paced environment and you do what it takes to get the job done.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Negotiate and review corporate agreements including non-disclosure agreements, supply and procurement contracts, commercial contracts and consulting agreements.
- Provide legal support to the business by ensuring continued compliance with laws and regulations and adherence to corporate policies; advise on risk mitigation relating to same.
- Lead internal and external due diligence teams on potential M&A transactions and negotiate and review definitive transaction agreements.
- Act as Assistant Corporate Secretary, including organizing board and committee meetings and materials, attending meetings and taking minutes; maintenance of corporate records for Trevali and its subsidiaries.
- Prepare and arrange filing continuous disclosure documents, including annual and quarterly financial disclosure, annual information form, management information circular, material change reports and other required filings.
- Develop and implement corporate policies and templates and produce documents and reports relating to same.
- Collaborate to develop and oversee processes for monitoring compliance with applicable laws and other regulatory matters at our operations.
- Provide legal and corporate support.
WHAT YOU HAVE
- JD. or LL.B. with strong academic credentials and a license to practice law in Canada.
- 2-5 years of law firm and / or in-house experience in corporate and securities law, including with respect to public company governance and reporting.
- Strong corporate / commercial legal skills, including excellent drafting, negotiation and attention to detail.
- Strong business acumen and sound and practical judgement that balances legal risk and business opportunity to deliver creative and pragmatic solutions to the business.
- Able to grasp legal and business issues and provide tailored advice to various stakeholders.
- Agile; able to multitask, prioritize and work efficiently.
- Proactive and self-motivated; able to work as part of an interdisciplinary team and perform independently with minimal oversight.
- Impeccable communication and organizational skills.
- Has a keen interest in technology and able to pick up new systems easily.
- Experience in the mining / natural resource industry is preferred.
- Ability to speak and write in French and/or Spanish is an asset.
Please apply to this Vancouver legal job through the Clear Legal Job Board