Since the 1940s Citco has provided specialist financial services to alternative investment funds, investors, multinationals and private clients worldwide. With over 6,000 employees in 45 countries we pioneer innovative solutions that meet our clients’ evolving needs, and deliver exceptional service.
Our continuous investment in learning means our people are among the best in the industry. And our corporate social responsibility programs provide meaningful and fulfilling work in the community.
A career at Citco isn’t just a job – it’s an opportunity to excel in an environment that genuinely supports your personal and professional development.
About the Role:
We are currently seeking a corporate lawyer with 1-2 years’ transactional experience in a major law firm or financial institution to support our business. The position of Legal Counsel will require an individual who is extremely organized, diligent and independent and possesses exceptional written and oral communication skills. Some knowledge of, or experience with hedge funds or mutual funds would also be an asset.
Job Duties in Brief:
- Draft and negotiate agreements between various Citco entities and hedge fund clients for the provision of administration and supplementary services, such as investor relations, fund accounting, FATCA reporting, and any bespoke service offerings that are required.
- Act as a point of contact for legal queries from Citco offices located in North America and the Caribbean; provide legal advice on all matters, including the impact of legislative and regulatory changes, anti-money laundering issues, investor relations, risk and valuation processes, and compliance with internal policies and procedures.
- Work directly with hedge funds and their counsel to guide them through the formation and onboarding process by conducting comprehensive reviews and revising fund documentation, including offering memorandums, subscription agreements, and constitutive documents.
- Ideally 1-2 years’ experience in a financial services firm or law firm practicing corporate law (experience in investment management is a plus).
- Law degree and admitted to the Canadian Bar Association or any Commonwealth Jurisdiction.
- Demonstrated proficiency in interpersonal and communication skills including oral and written English.
What We Offer:
- A challenging and rewarding role in an award-winning global business.
- Opportunities for personal and professional career development.
- Great working environment, competitive salary and benefits, and opportunities for educational support.
- Be part of an industry leading global team, renowned for excellence.
Citco welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.