Are you an experienced Legal Assistant looking to work for a progressive, exciting and rewarding municipal employer?
Do you have strong verbal and written communication skills combined with keen attention to detail?
Do you have 5 years of relevant Legal administration experience and familiarity with Real Estate Law?
This is the opportunity for you on this legal job board!
Reporting to Senior Legal Counsel, you will provide legal administrative and office administrative support to Senior Legal Counsel, Legal Counsel and other Legal Services staff within the Real Estate Law Team.
- Organize and maintain a high volume of legal files including electronic document management
- Organize and maintain filing systems and law reference library; respond to information requests via correspondence, email and telephone calls
- Coordinate and monitor file activity, independently and as directed; screen incoming correspondence and respond or prepare draft responses; initiate and maintain follow-up
- Organize meetings and maintain solicitors’ calendars
- Develop and maintain collaborative internal and external working relationships to obtain necessary information to assist with responding to requests and inquiries
- Compile and maintain data records as directed
- Maintain and operate a docket keeping system, prepare journal entries and internal charge-backs
- Prepare high quality correspondence of a confidential/technical nature, contracts, reports, by-laws, memos, opinions, briefing notes and tribunal pleadings
- Manage purchasing and document execution procedures
- Prepare purchase orders and related documentation
- Post-secondary education in Legal Office Administration and/or minimum of five years relevant experience in a law office
- Law Clerk Diploma or equivalent is considered an asset ; ILCO membership is considered to be an asset
- Familiarity with legal processes and municipal government operations and documentation
- Proficient dictation and word processing skills combined with a keen sense of accuracy and attention to detail
- Knowledge in agreements, procurement processes and litigation and administrative tribunal documentation is considered an asset
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills to deal with legal staff, client departments, Councillors, senior management and government agencies
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Strong computer skills, utilizing MS Office and Teraview
- A positive problem solver with the ability to work well under pressure; ability to work independently, take initiative and possess a self-starting attitude
- Ability to work in a deadline-oriented environment
- Excellent grammar and spelling
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong judgment, tact and problem-solving abilities
Hours of Work: 35 hours/week – Monday through Friday
Location: 10 Peel Centre Drive, Brampton, ON
If this opportunity matches your experience and qualifications, please apply online.
The Region of Peel serves more than 1.4 million residents and approximately 163,000 businesses in Brampton, Caledon and Mississauga. We deliver a wide range of resident focused services across the Region.
Our 20-year vision for Peel is “Community for Life.” Our goal is to create a place where everyone enjoys a sense of belonging and has access to the services and opportunities needed to thrive in each stage of their lives. Our 2015-2035 Strategic Plan outlines the work we're focused on to bring this vision to life.
To learn more about the Region of Peel, explore peelregion.ca
At the Region of Peel, we respect diversity and treat one another in ways that are fair, courteous and compassionate, recognizing everyone’s contributions. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. The Region of Peel is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please notify us and we will work with you to meet your needs. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please be advised, the Region of Peel uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the position and your application will be removed from the competition.