Associate (Administrative Assistant - Legal)
Reference Code: 59065
Location: Canada (CA) - Calgary, AB Job Category: Administration Employment Type: Employee Full-time Relocation Eligibility: This position is not eligible for our relocation program Application Deadline: 07/03/2019
We all need energy. It warms our homes, cooks our food, gives us light, and gets us where we need to go. It also improves our quality of life in countless other ways. At TC Energy, our job is to deliver that energy to millions of people who depend on it across North America. And we take our job very seriously.
Guided by our values of safety, integrity, responsibility and collaboration, we develop and operate our facilities safely, reliably and with care for our impact on the environment. With our presence across the continent, our people play an active role in building strong communities.
We’re proud of how our hard work and commitment sets us apart and benefits society, every day. We’re looking for new team members who share our values and are ready to take on exciting challenges.
This position is available in the Stakeholder & Supply Chain Management Law department. The Stakeholder & Supply Chain Management Law department provides legal services to TransCanada's businesses (in particular the Land, Indigenous Relations and Supply Chain departments and has an immediate vacancy for an Administrative Assistant. This role is responsible for a full range of legal administrative duties and supporting multiple lawyers in the Stakeholder & Supply Chain Management Law team
What you'll do
- Providing administrative support, including scheduling meetings and appointments, coordinating travel arrangements, ordering supplies, time recording, and preparing expense reports for lawyers
- Managing all forms of information using department and Company document management processes
- Handling confidential information in a professional manner
- Managing forms of external legal retainers and internal requests for approval with respect to external legal retainers
- Coordinating daily office administrative duties (mail, deliveries, filing, etc.)
- Coordinating facilities for meetings, events, training and catering
- Responding to employee and external stakeholder queries by e-mail and telephone
- Assisting with the preparation of legal documents, agreements, correspondence, reports, and submissions
- Providing leadership in coordination with others to address departmental or interdepartmental tasks
- Providing backup and vacation coverage for other Associates in the department
- Other tasks and projects as required.
- Requires high school diploma (or equivalent) or post-secondary certification and/or legal secretarial training
- Minimum 4 years of progressive administrative experience is required; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel);
- Solid interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal), must be able to effectively and efficiently work and collaborate at all levels of the organization
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail
- Ability to display consistent professionalism, tact and work high degree of discretion
- Flexible and able to multitask and adjust to changing deadlines and competing priorities
- Good judgment and decision-making abilities
- Quick learner who is enthusiastic about solving problems and working tasks to completion
- Demonstrate ability and willingness to work positively with others in a team environment
- Ability to exercise initiative and prioritize work effectively
- Highly self-motivated with ability to work independently; and
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
About our business
TC Energy is a leading energy infrastructure company in North America. We have three complementary businesses of natural gas pipelines, liquids (oil) pipelines, and power generation. Our operations span three countries, seven Canadian provinces, and 34 U.S. states.
Apply to this posting by 07/03/2019 using reference code 59065. You must apply through our jobs system at jobs.tcenergy.com. Only applications submitted through our system will be acknowledged. Use a desktop or laptop computer to avoid system errors.
TC Energy is an equal opportunity employer.
Visit us at TCEnergy.com and connect with us on our social media channels for our latest news, employee stories, community activities, and other updates.
Thank you for choosing TC Energy in your career search.
- Depending on qualifications, the successful candidate may be offered a position at a more appropriate level and/or ladder.
- Applicants must have legal authorization to work in the country in which the position is based with no restrictions.
- All positions require background screening. Some require criminal and/or credit checks to comply with regulations.
- TC Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats throught the legal job board or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.