Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
The Legal Team at EA Vancouver is now on the hunt for a junior lawyer to join us as Legal Counsel. The role will include managing agreements, creating and reviewing company policies, and conducting research! This position is based in our Burnaby, BC studio.
What Legal Counsel does at EA:
- Review, draft and negotiate various types of contracts, including consulting agreements, marketing agreements, talent agreements, technology agreements, software license and other license agreements, product development agreements and master services agreements.
- Act as the initial point of contact within the Legal Team and provide counsel on a wide variety of matters including, licensing, technology, marketing and corporate matters.
- Assist the Legal Team in supporting EA’s corporate departments, including drafting, reviewing, and implementing contracts, providing training on corporate policies and managing contingent worker issues.
- Communicate corporate and legal department policies to internal partners, conduct legal research, act to limit EA’s legal liabilities, and work with other attorneys, senior management and representatives of third-party companies.
- Organize and manage the Legal Team’s precedents and resources.
Who you are:
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of British Columbia - required.
- 2-3 years of experience with a law firm providing services for technology clients and/or relevant in house experience with companies in the technology industry.
- Significant knowledge and experience with the negotiation and preparation of a wide range of sophisticated commercial agreements.
- Ability to work with cross-functional business and legal teams.
- Ability to work independently to manage the entire contract process from initial contact to execution.
- Ability to handle a high volume of work, multi-task and prioritize workload efficiently and effectively.
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Confident and personable with a track record for building great partnerships
- Self-motivated with a high sense of personal ethics and integrity
If you’re interested in this opportunity, we’d like to learn a little more about you! Please prepare a cover letter to include with your resume.
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law and the legal job board.