Requisition ID: 24321
Position Number: 20033760
Posting End Date: June 19, 2019
Site: Shared Health
Work Location: 4th Floor - 650 Main
Department / Unit: General Counsel
Job Stream: Non-Clinical
Union: SH Exempt-OT
Anticipated Start Date: ASAP
Anticipated Shift: Days
Daily Hours Worked: 7.5
Annual Base Hours: 1950
Shared Health leads the planning and coordinates the integration of patient-centred clinical and preventive health services across Manitoba. The organization also delivers some province-wide health services and supports centralized administrative and business functions for Manitoba health organizations.
- Participates as a member of the portfolio in a manner that contributes to teamwork and collaboration.
- Interacts with senior level managers, external counsel, administrative tribunals and a variety of external organizations.
- Maintains awareness of activities and projects undertaken in the portfolio.
- Reviews, evaluates, recommends revisions to and implements new office/administrative procedures for the portfolio in the interest of efficiency and quality of service; prepares and maintains policies and procedures for the administrative activities in the portfolio.
- Organizes and prioritizes independently, the administrative activities for Senior Legal Counsel for Human Resources and the associated team and ensures that all work is completed within established timeframes.
- Minimum three years’ experience as a legal assistant is required.
- A proven understanding of various aspects of administrative/litigation law an asset.
- Experience recording and preparing minutes and agendas.
- Experience in preparing pleadings, trial books, exhibits and binders for hearings.
- Experience in scheduling and coordinating meetings.
- Experience with email and computerized calendars.
- Previous healthcare experience would be an asset.
- Completion of a high school or equivalent program of studies; formal legal assistant training required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficiency with computerized systems (Microsoft Word, Access, PowerPoint and Excel) essential.
- Ability to compose correspondence on behalf of the office of the Senior Legal Counsel for Human Resources, the associated legal team or the Vice-President/Chief Human Resources Officer.
- Typing speed 60 wpm.
- Demonstrated ability to organize.
- Excellent communication skills, verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize a large workload and independently complete a variety of administrative duties.
- Ability to work in a fast paced corporate environment and work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively contribute to a team environment.
- The ability to work independently and to establish and maintain good working relationships with administrative staff, healthcare agencies and all levels of management.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
Salary is commensurate with education and qualifications.
We have a unique ability to work together to make health care better. If you want to make a difference and contribute to supporting the health of your family, friends and neighbours, please apply today.
Interested candidates should select the "Apply" icon below to upload their cover letter, resume and copy of licenses/certification.
This position requires a current satisfactory Criminal Records Check (including Vulnerable Sector Search), Child Abuse Registry Check and Adult Abuse Registry Check as conditions of employment. The successful candidate will be responsible for any service charges incurred. A security check is considered current if it was obtained no more than six (6) months prior to the start of employment.
Please note that an employee is not permitted to hold two or more positions in Shared Health that combine to equal more than 1.0 FTE.
Shared Health values and supports employment equity and workplace diversity and encourages all qualified individuals to apply. We thank all applicants but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.