Join the Flynn Family and experience the Flynn Way.
As North America’s leading building envelope contractor, Flynn Group of Companies employs over 4500 employees, with branches coast-to-coast across Canada and multiple branches in the United States. The “Flynn Way” is what sets us apart. We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, a close-knit family work environment, stability, the opportunity to advance your career, and much, much more.
The foundation of our success is having the right people on our crew.
Flynn takes pride in providing the best for our employees, recognizing that our people are the greatest asset. We understand how important our people are to our continued success, so we’ve made Flynn a place they want to work. At Flynn, we provide our employees with the opportunity to take their career further. We strive to help our people build their skills amongst teams that innovate and educate, while ensuring we constantly evolve as a company.
At Flynn, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Are you ready to experience “The Flynn Way”?
- Work for one of Canada's Best Managed Companies
- Rewarding, challenging, fast-paced work in an excellent environment
- Be part of a dynamic team while using your innovation and creativity daily
- Develop life skills by learning and growing both personally and professionally
- Be part of a company that offers career advancement opportunities
- Employee and Family Assistance Program offered to all employees and their families
- Excellent benefits program including; Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and RRSP matching
Flynn Administrative Services Ltd. seeks an experienced Corporate / Commercial Paralegal to support Flynn’s General Counsel in its Mississauga offices. As a key member of Flynn’s legal team, this individual will be responsible for preparing corporate filings, registrations and other legal documents related to Flynn’s businesses in North America. The individual must have a strong working knowledge of corporate commercial structure and transactions. This position will be based out of our Mississauga location, reporting to the General Counsel.
Responsibilities of the Corporate Paralegal include:
- Preparing and filing all corporate and Extra-Provincial filings, incorporations and registrations for the approximately thirty-five Flynn companies across North America
- Assisting counsel in the preparation and closing of various corporate and commercial transactions, including reorganizations, financing, mergers and acquisitions
- Preparing Director and Shareholder resolutions, with responsibility for maintenance of numerous minute books and share or unit registers
- Updating corporate governance documents and assisting lawyers with completion of other documentation and agreements
- Maintaining electronic documents, files and legal department databases
- Liaising with shareholders
- Preparing initial drafts of liens, discharge and related collection documents
- Co-ordinating and conducting searches, including corporate, land title, personal property, bankruptcy and litigation
- Co-ordinating with Finance, Human Resources and other shared services group and management of Flynn to provide and maintain information about the corporations and shareholders
- Other legal and administrative duties, as required
Skills/Qualifications of the Corporate Paralegal include:
- Post-secondary diploma in a Paralegal Program or related field
- Minimum of 6 years experience in a corporate / commercial law environment
- Experience with drafting corporate filings, registrations and other legal documents and supporting corporate and commercial transactions
- Experience supporting a large internal shareholder market is a key asset
- Working knowledge of provincial and federal corporate law and terminology
- Ability to perform with minimal oversight, with demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and complete matters quickly
- Superior organizational skills, including document and file management processes
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills, with ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Proficiency in Word, Outlook, Excel and Adobe
- Knowledge of the construction industry is an asset
Additional Role Information:
We are also highly active and committed to creating an environment which is accessible to all of our customers, employees and applicants. Reasonable accommodations in the hiring process will be provided to people with disabilities upon request.
Flynn Group of Companies is an affiliated contractor with the Helmets to Hardhats Program.
For more information about starting your career with Flynn please visit www.flynncompanies.com