If you are committed to public service, enjoy collaborating with others, share our values and have a desire to learn and grow, join The City of Calgary. City employees deliver the services, run the programs and operate the facilities which make a difference in our community. We support work-life balance and offer competitive wages, pensions, and benefits. Together we make Calgary a great place to make a living, a great place to make a life.
As a Contract Administrator with the IT Cloud and Vendor Management Services team, you will work with stakeholders to manage contracts for Information Technology (IT) goods and services so that The City's business interests are protected. Primary duties include:
- Attend vendor negotiations to record and/or formulate terms and conditions.
- Perform vendor health checks to proactively manage vendor performance.
- Manage software maintenance and subscriptions.
- Review documents and ensure contract compliance and financial commitments are met.
- Proactively manage vendor performance by meeting with clients and vendors.
- Communicate with vendors for contract compliance, escalation and/or follow up.
- Work with City business units to formulate and/or amend terms and conditions that protect The City's business interests.
- Ensure that our stakeholders are aware of The City’s procurement, privacy and security policies.
- Work with applicable City business units to finalize the completion of legal agreements.
- Consult with applicable City business units on procurement strategies.
- Negotiate with vendors to ensure timely, accurate, and cost-effective supply and delivery of contract services for Information Technology.
- Review and respond to contract queries from business units and vendors.
- A completed 2 year certificate or diploma in a recognized Legal Assistant Program with courses specific to contract law and business administration.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in a high volume contract administration setting including direct experience working with technology licensing agreements.
- Intermediate proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and telecommunications software (for example: Skype, video conference calling).
- Preference will be given to candidates with experience using BMC Remedy, vendor portals, Oracle/PeopleSoft Financial & Supply Chain Management (FSCM) including APWorkflow, Livelink and workflow tools such as Microsoft MSPS.
- Success in this position requires strong communication, organizational skills, and a high attention to detail.
- A security clearance will be conducted.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
Union: CUPE Local 38 Business Unit: Information Technology Position Type: Temporary (up to 24 months) Location: 133 6 Avenue S.E. Compensation: Pay Grade 8 $33.29 - 44.52 per hour Days of Work: This position works a 5 day work week with one day off in a 3 week cycle. Hours of work: Standard 35 hour work week Audience: Internal and External Apply By: May 27, 2019