Economical’s in-house claims litigation unit acts in litigation arising from claims under its insurance policies. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing litigation team with excellent opportunities for strategic input and professional development.
We’re now adding to our high-performance team to take us into the future. Let’s rethink insurance, together.
In this role you will:
- Act in litigation from inception through to trial via carriage of multiple files
- Prepare written court materials, appear in court and advise on litigation strategies at the case level
- Play an advisory role to Economical’s Claims department in relation to claims litigation
Your Skills and Experience
- Law degree from an accredited law school (LLB or Juris Doctor)
- Licensed by the Law Society of Alberta to practice law
- 3-7 years of post-call experience working in insurance litigation, ideally with trial experience
- Ability to work in a paperless environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel
- High degree of personal ethics, integrity and responsibility with an ability to deal with sensitive issues and safeguard confidential information
- Assertiveness in practice, but reasonable and forthright
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills across a range of contexts
- Excellent negotiation and facilitation skills with a proven capability for effective presentation tools/methods
- Sound judgment, with the ability to critically analyze situations, problem-solve, and deal with ambiguity and have the ability to provide meaningful advice and recommendations
- Ability to perform under pressure, meet deadlines and handle multiple, yet sometimes conflicting priorities
- Team player, adaptable to a changing environment
At Economical, we all work together to come up with big ideas — then bring them to life. We focus on our customers first, we bring our best, and we’re stronger together. If you’ve got the passion and the desire to help us reinvent insurance, let’s talk.
HOW TO APPLY
To complete the online application process, you’ll need to upload your resume before you apply for the role you’re interested in. Please note that only one document can be uploaded, so be sure to combine your resume and cover letter.
We are committed to providing an inclusive work environment that welcomes diversity and supports accessibility across the organization. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org .
Visit economical.com to learn more about us and what we’re up to.