Hexagon Positioning Intelligence, a division of Hexagon AB, is looking to add to its global Legal & Compliance Team. We have a fantastic opportunity to work at an exciting, high-tech, multinational company which provides positioning and correction products and services globally.
We are currently seeking a Paralegal to join our In-House Legal & Compliance department. Reporting to the Director, Legal & Compliance, the successful incumbent will provide support for various types of corporate transactions, corporate governance, compliance, contracting and intellectual property matters. If you are enthusiastic, driven, and keen to apply your current experience with a yearning to expand your knowledge and skills, we want to hear from you.
This position is located in Calgary, Alberta the Hexagon Campus, which opened in September 2018. In this state-of-the-art location, we offer a casual and innovative work environment, including leading edge technology, on-site gymnasium, dedicated bike storage room, and underground parking.
You will be responsible for providing authoritative and comprehensive paralegal services meeting the commercial and strategic needs of the business. Specifically, you will:
- Maintain the corporate minute books and prepare and file annual returns and consent resolutions;
- File director and officer changes and keeping up to date the internal corporate database;
- Maintain the contracts database and be responsible for departmental document management;
- Assist in the implementation and monitoring of the Hexagon Compliance Programme globally;
- Prepare, draft and send reports to clients regarding the status of Patents, Trademarks and Copyright;
- Manage the Intellectual Property files and registers;
- Assist with special projects and training as assigned, including but not limited to acting as a compliance lead for internal compliance initiatives, risk assessment reviews, and assistance with external customer requests;
- Maintain current knowledge of internal policies and procedures relative to legal and regulatory requirements;
- Populate legal templates;
- Conduct research as assigned;
- Perform such other tasks which the Director, Legal & Compliance may require you to undertake from time to time.
Key Success Factors:
- 3-7 years of relevant experience in business, IP and/or regulatory law acquired at a large firm or multinational company;
- Graduate of a post-secondary, accredited Paralegal programme;
- Capacity to manage many files simultaneously, work well under pressure and exercise initiative;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Capacity to occasionally accommodate a flexible schedule;
- Exceptional time management skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities, whilst working in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Nice to Have
- Excellent analytical skills, good judgment, organizational skills and high attention to detail;
- Client-service oriented, including strong interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Proactive and positive team player.
- Experience with Canadian, UK and EU privacy laws;
- Working knoweldge of intellectual property global filing requriements;
- Contract management experience.