DD West LLP is seeking an energetic, conscientious junior level litigation associate who can multi-task to meet tight deadlines, has the ability to work independently while ensuring tasks are completed accurately and in a timely fashion. This role requires someone with a can do attitude that has at least two (2) to five (5) years’ experience in litigation with a strong interest to grow with our team.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities:
- Responsible for managing litigation files;
- Researching legal issues and preparation of memorandums for partners on the file;
- Assisting senior lawyers with client files; and
- Appearing independently on matters before the Provincial Court of Alberta, Court of Queen’s Bench and various administrative tribunals.
- The ideal candidate must have two (2) to five (5) years of active litigation experience from a reputable Canadian law firm.
- Ambitious, personable and entrepreneurial;
- In good standing with Law Society of Alberta;
- Superior communication and drafting skills;
- Organized with the ability to manage multiple files in various stages of litigation;
- Excellent academic and professional credentials;
- Excellent technical, analytical and problem solving skills;
- Strong legal research skills;
- Ability to identify the most effective file strategy and manage complex client files with minimal senior supervision;
- Demonstrate commitment to client service and above attention to detail;
- Desire to participate in business development opportunities through attending and/or joining appropriate networking events and memberships;
- A team player with the ability to work well with others in a group setting and adapt to firm policies and procedures; and
- Ability to work under short deadlines in a fast-paced atmosphere with minimal supervision;
- Excellent time management skills with ability to handle multiple priorities.
- DD West offers a competitive base salary with bonus structure for meeting or exceeding budget, quality work on large files, mentorship, access to continuing legal education and opportunity for future partnership.
- We welcome applications from candidates who have already established a client base.
If you are interested in joining the DD West LLP team, please respond with your cover letter, resume and post-secondary academic transcripts. We thank all candidates who apply, however, only those selected for a personal interview will be contacted. No phone calls and/or agencies please.