Scarfone Hawkins LLP is seeking a talented Law Clerk/Legal Assistant to work in the practice area of Family Law. The Civil Litigation team has quality and diverse files that provide challenging, fast-paced and interesting work in a dynamic, collegial team environment. We pride ourselves on excellence in everything we do, every day. If this matches what you are looking for, come join our team!
- Preparing, assembling and organizing legal drafts including, but not limited to, pleadings, discovery and affidavits of documents
- Preparing trial briefs, exhibits and motions as required
- Maintaining document files and case correspondence both physically and electronically
- Organizing and maintaining calendar for key dates and meetings
- Conducting searches as required
- Transcribing digital dictation
- Provide back-up coverage to the group during absences, and assist with overflow work, when required
- Other administrative duties as required
- Completion of a post-secondary Legal Assistant or Law Clerk course
- Minimum of two (2) years civil litigation experience
- Good understanding of the statutes of Family Law rules and court filing procedures
- Good understanding of legal reference materials, procedures, and legal filing systems.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in MS Word, Divorcemate and Outlook
- Excellent oral and writing skills, including proper spelling, grammar, and punctuation for complex documentation
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
- Professional, responsive, and positive work attitude is critical
- Confident, dependable team player
What's in it for you:
- Convenient location in the heart of Hamilton’s downtown core, close to restaurants, shops and transportation
- Opportunity to further develop your skills in this hybrid role
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Fantastic office culture with many fun events (and donuts every Friday!)
Scarfone Hawkins LLP is committed to diversity, inclusion and accessibility for all persons. We encourages applications from all qualified individuals and will accommodate applicants’ needs throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
While we appreciate all applications, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.