What We Are Looking For
We are currently seeking an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant (contract) who will provide primary support for the Executive team and Sales team. This position is an excellent opportunity for a flexible, highly organized and motivated individual. We expect this contract to last between 10-12 months with the possibility of it becoming a permanent role depending on business needs.
Who We Are
We are GlobalVision, a software and technology company founded in 1990 and headquartered in Montreal. We develop high-tech automated quality control solutions for international businesses. We’re a global company and businesses everywhere use and depend on our software. We have a strong vision, and it’s carried out by a tight-knit, talented, and diverse team.
Work Hard, Play Hard
At GlobalVision balance is important to us. Growing our people is just as important as building the best products possible. We have carefully cultivated our team, and we are always looking for new talent to join our company.
- Perform standard paralegal functions;
- Prepare and draft legal documents;
- Manage the record and closing books for the corporation and its subsidiaries including the management of corporate registrations;
- Summarize legal information;
- Provide general legal and administrative support to legal and corporate services;
- Act as liaison between legal professionals and individuals with various internal and external groups and take the appropriate steps;
- Assist in the management of corporate policies;
- Prepare the information requested by the auditors;
- Perform various administrative Duties.
Skills and qualifications
- Paralegal College Diploma with a minimum of 3-5 years related experience (candidates with an equivalent combination of education and experience will also be considered);
- Knowledge of corporate legal principles and procedures usually obtained through industry-sponsored courses and through experience;
- A detailed oriented approach to your work;
- A very good understanding for confidentiality;
- Works well under pressure;
- Excellent organization skills;
- Words, Excel and Office suite;
- Diploma or certificate of legal assistant (required)
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience
- Previous experience in commercial or corporate law;
- Legal Secretarial experience preferred.
- English and French (Spanish an asset)
- Legal Assistant: 3 years (Preferred)
- Corporate law: 3 years (Preferred)