ABOUT GOWLING WLG
At Gowling WLG, our dedication to excellence and quality service begins with our people. As a global law firm with offices across Canada, the U.K., Europe, the Middle East and Asia, we pride ourselves on sourcing and retaining top talent who bring energy, passion and commitment to the delivery of outstanding client service.
When it comes to diversity, we not only accept it — we celebrate it, support it and thrive on it. To create an engaging and rewarding place to work, we seek to attract talented people from a diverse range of backgrounds and cultures. Our aim is to help everyone reach their full potential and achieve their personal and professional goals.
Employee satisfaction is important to us. We work hard to ensure that our people are motivated, engaged and empowered. Our diverse group of legal professionals, law students, law clerks/paralegals, legal administrative assistants and business support staff work together as a team, and are respected and valued for their individual contributions.
The successful candidate will work within Recovery Services; they will bring a commitment to excellent customer service working with our legal professional, legal administrative assistants, law clerks and clients with utmost professionalism.
The Legal Administrative Assistant will;
• Prepare legal documents, letters, memos and other documents as required according to general precedents and instructions from our legal professional and law clerks;
• Organize and expedite the flow of work through the professional’s practice, initiating any follow-up action as appropriate;
• Work proactively in the day-to-day support of the professional’s practice including management of diary systems and databases to ensure important deadlines are met;
• Use initiative and good judgement to relieve the professional of administrative detail including but not limited to accounting, opening and closing of files, and billing;
• Coordinate flow of documents between legal professionals, various internal and external individuals and clients at all levels;
• Other duties as assigned.
• Banking, Real Estate, and/or Recovery Services experience is preferred;
• Legal assistant diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution;
• Ability to handle a heavy and varied workload with strict deadlines;
• Exceptional organizational skills;
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite;
• Excellent customer service skills, including the ability to work with clients with a high degree of professionalism;
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to set priorities while dealing with conflicting and emerging priorities;
• Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with other staff and professionals
Gowling WLG is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to offering equal employment opportunities regardless of race or racial group, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or gender identity. We foster an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation at any time during the recruitment process, please let us know.
While we appreciate all applications received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.