note:1 year term. Headquartered in Calgary, with offices in Edmonton, Red Deer and Lethbridge, AltaLink is Alberta's largest electricity transmission provider. Owned by Berkshire Hathaway Energy, AltaLink is part of a global group of companies that delivers sustainable electricity and utility services to customers worldwide. At AltaLink, we do everything in our power to attract and keep top-notch professionals. We are proud of our collaborative culture, expertise and world-class safety record. We are a best-in-class Canadian organization, proudly named in 2014 as one of Canada’s 10 most admired corporate cultures and designated as a Sustainable Electricity CompanyTM. We offer work with meaning, incredible opportunities for development, work life balance and opportunities to contribute to your community. Join our team! The Legal Administrative Assistant will support the regulatory lawyers in the development of Facility Applications. This individual supports the lawyers with legal drafting tasks, document revisions, filing, diarization, correspondence and a variety of administrative functions. This position will be required to coordinate and manage a large amount of paperwork and demands and will be responsible for time management and prioritization of tasks from numerous individuals.
- Support several regulatory lawyers with legal drafting tasks, document revisions, filing, diarization and miscellaneous correspondence.
- Support the effective time management of the legal team, including: tracking commitments; maintaining calendar/brings-forward files, ensuring notification of upcoming deadlines, and assisting in meeting preparation.
- Management of critical reporting obligations, such as facility applications, information requests and hearing deadlines.
- Formatting and word processing of facility applications, responses to information requests, evidence and arguments.
- Support at regulatory hearings (including out of town hearings) as required.
- Provide a variety of general administrative functions.
- High School Diploma and formal Legal Assistant or Legal Secretary training.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Legal Assistant role either in-house or at a law firm.
- Proven ability/experience in the above noted responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in MS Office Suite, in particular: Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Intermediate ability in SAP, Primavera, Visio & Adobe software is an asset.
- Proactive, results focused, with ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proven ability in dealing with the internal and external clients.
- Ability to prioritize and multi task a large work load from many sources.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including strong proof reading, grammar and editing skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to deadlines.
- Must have a demonstrated positive and proactive approach and be prepared to be flexible in the work performed.
- Meeting experience – organization of meetings and meeting preparation.
- Strong team player.
- Proven track record of good attendance and job performance. Notes: AltaLink employees should be aware that we may contact your manager during the selection process. Please note, some positions may require job specific assessments, regular criminal record checks, additional AltaLink training, medical assessments, annual drivers abstracts, and drug tests. Please contact the Hiring Manager or Recruiter for further clarification if required. Only candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Only the candidates being considered for an interview will be contacted.