Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Permanent Full Time
Are you a practical lawyer as well as a strategic partner to your internal business clients? Do you strive for excellence and are you dedicated to continuous improvement? Reporting to the Senior Vice President, General Counsel and Corporate Secretary, you will support a variety of internal clients in all aspects of the LCBO’s business, including our obligations as a Crown corporation wholly owned by the Province of Ontario.
If you thrive on change, embrace challenge, and are passionate about delivering exceptional legal solutions, then this is the role for you!Legal Counsel (2 positions)
What’s the role about?
- Supporting the operations of the LCBO by providing legal advice on a range of matters including complex legal, business, regulatory and policy issues and any disputes that may arise in relation to contracts.
- Assessing and communicating legal risk while collaborating on the development of business strategies.
- Reviewing and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, and working with internal client groups to ensure contractual relationships with vendors and clients support LCBO’s business goals.
What will you bring to the team?
- A Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) or Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree.
- Membership in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario.
- 3 to 7 years of post call experience dealing with a variety of commercial law matters, gained from a major law firm or large in-house legal department.
- Exceptional business judgement, relationship-building skills, and creativity.
- Ability to take leadership of and manage legal projects.
- Practical, solutions-oriented, problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present issues, options and recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excellent negotiation and drafting skills
- Experience managing multiple priorities, stakeholders, and deadlines.
- Solid legal training and pragmatic experience in corporate and commercial legal matters.
- Experience in any of the following specific areas, while not mandatory, should be highlighted in your cover letter:
o contracting with vendors of SaaS/cloud based platforms;
o privacy law;
o employment law; and
Diversity and inclusion matter at LCBO. If contacted for an interview, please advise if you require accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code
and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act
Please apply at lcbo.com/careers, to Talent Acquisition, LCBO
, quoting File #LCB-002/2019
, by February 8, 2019
. We appreciate your interest, and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.