Content Development Lawyer (Family Law)
Full time - Toronto
We have an immediate opening in our Content department for a recently practicing lawyer with at least 5+ years of experience in Family Law.
The successful candidate for this full-time position will join a team of experienced lawyers responsible for the development and strategic direction of Lexis Practice Advisor® Canada, an innovative online practical guidance resource designed specifically for Canadian lawyers.
As the Content Lawyer (Family Law), Lexis Practice Advisor® Canada, your key roles and responsibilities will include:
- Building relationships with respected legal practitioners and firms across Canada to create content that reflects leading legal and business practices.
- Reviewing, editing and/or writing practice notes, checklists, flowcharts, precedents and other practice-related materials.
- Ensuring currency and relevancy of all materials included in the product.
- Monitoring information sources to identify and report on relevant news and updates regarding legal developments in this practice area.
- Working within a cross-functional team to execute on the content and product development strategies and ensure the delivery of high quality content within mandated timelines.
- Contributing knowledge of the needs of legal practitioners to assist in the development of effective sales and marketing strategies and initiatives in this practice area.
- Maintaining and managing relationships with key LexisNexis stakeholders within Canada, the US and UK to negotiate resources, deadlines, and project trade-off decisions as appropriate.
- Canadian law degree.
- 5+ years of practice experience in Family Law, experience in Wills, Trusts & Estates an asset.
- Member of one or more of the bars of Ontario or British Columbia (active and in good standing).
What we are looking for in you:
- Detailed understanding of the legal practice needs and workflow requirements within this practice area and a sophisticated knowledge of trends in the Canadian legal marketplace.
- Strong network of contacts currently in legal practice in Canada within this practice area.
- Strong, practical writer with the ability to write effectively and concisely within prescribed timelines.
- Experience in drafting or editing client materials, law journals, CLE presentations or other legal writing.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Proficient with MS Office products.
- Must be highly organized, self-motivated and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.