Tilray is a federally licensed producer of medical cannabis. We are committed to setting the gold standard of care and excellence in our industry. We believe that commitment starts with a great work environment and benefits for our associates.
Looking to develop your career at the forefront of a rapidly expanding industry?
Ready to apply your talents to make a positive difference in the lives of patients across the country?
Reporting to the VP – Legal, the Corporate Counsel will provide broad support to Tilray’s legal team. Key duties will include (i) administering and maintaining Tilray’s insurance portfolio, (ii) supporting on a broad range of corporate/commercial, financing, securities law, information technology, and intellectual property law issues; (iii) supporting the review and drafting of commercial agreements relating to procurement, professional services, technology development, leases, etc.; (iv) conducting due diligence on legal aspects of transactions to ensure compliance with applicable law; and (v) keeping track of developments in relevant statutes, regulations, and policies in the cannabis industry.
General Legal Support
- Liaise with insurance providers to ensure Tilray's insurance needs and specific requirements are articulated and met; where needed, spearhead acquisition of specialized coverage, including by gathering and summarizing complex business information requested by insurers
- Review agreements for issues relating to insurance, including cost implications and indemnification language
- Codify standards for third party insurance coverage requirements and ensure such requirements are implemented in agreements
- Track all third-party insurance requirements and commitments
- Maintain and provide proof of insurance to various third parties and, where required, notify such parties of any changes to coverage
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a wide variety of commercial contracts, including contracts relating to purchases, professional services, technology development, and leases
- Assisting with due diligence, closings, and other routine elements of corporate transactions;
- Administering and maintaining risk management initiatives within the company;
- Supporting Tilray’s legal team on other legal and quasi-legal projects and tasks as needed
- Degree from a Canadian or accredited U.S. law school
- Completion of articling for Canadian candidates
- 1 year of experience required
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once, to synthesize information from multiple business units, and to follow through and meet deadlines
- Ability to cope with competing priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to brief and communicate complex issues in a succinct manner