Birdsell Grant LLP is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Legal Assistant to support a lawyer with a solicitor’s practice.
We are inviting candidates with a legal assistant diploma or certificate from an accredited post-secondary institution and at least 3 years of legal assistant experience to apply. The ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong attention to detail, word processing and organizational skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities;
- The ability to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines;
- A high level of professionalism while working closely with lawyers, staff and clients;
- Strong knowledge of basic legal concepts, principles, and terminology;
- The ability to be a positive self-starter with a strong, independent work ethic; and
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, challenging environment with variety.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for the following core duties:
- Managing workflow for a lawyer with a demanding practice;
- Coordinating and scheduling meetings and maintaining a busy calendar;
- Performing various searches at the Land Titles Office and Corporate Registries;
- Preparing client reports accounts; and
- Performing general administrative tasks including office and file management.
In addition to experience with the above, the ideal candidate would specifically have the following background, skills and experience:
- Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Alberta Land Titles: Spatial Information System
- Alberta Corporate Registry
We offer our staff competitive salary and vacation (including vacation entitlement in your first year), and a long-standing positive work environment.
Please apply by submitting your resume (including months and years of employment history) and cover letter. We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- legal assistant: 3 years (Required)