Hexagon Positioning Intelligence, a division of Hexagon AB, is looking to add to its global Legal & Compliance Team. We have a fantastic opportunity to work in an exciting, high-tech, multinational company providing positioning and correction services around the world. If you are looking to expand your career and are passionate about providing quality legal support to your business partners, look no further.
Reporting to the Director, Legal & Compliance you will be responsible for a wide range of contractual matters, as well as ad-hoc project work, legal compliance initiatives, and corporate governance. You will be a confident and articulate communicator capable of handling complex and time critical matters in a positive manner. Your advice will be insightful, high quality, focused and risk-based. Your stakeholders will rely upon you as a trusted advisor to provide pragmatic, business-oriented solutions and guidance as a functional expert, effectively managing the division’s legal risk.
You will be responsible for providing authoritative and comprehensive legal services meeting the commercial and strategic needs of the business while protecting the interests of the division:
- Advising on legal risks and mitigation strategies and supporting good governance through appropriate discussion and escalation of issues;
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating legal agreements;
- Responding to RFQs;
- Maintaining company registers, drafting resolutions and board minutes;
- Developing and delivering training across the organization;
- Helping maintain and developing standards and checklists;
- Carrying out research work;
- Identifying and analysing new legislation and proactively proposing and implementing solutions;
- Participating in cross-functional project teams and committees;
- Assisting in strategic projects, M&A;
- Any other tasks which the Director, Legal & Compliance may require you to undertake from time to time.
Your strong relationship building coupled with your solid business acumen will support and compliment a team that is similarly focused on delivering exceptional results.
The ideal candidate will be a Qualified Lawyer with 1-5 years PQE gained in dealing with corporate, commercial and technology contracts. In addition, you will be or possess:
- Working knowledge of the GDPR and its scope and applicability;
- Strong communication and negotiation skills;
- Superb accuracy and attention to detail;
- Ability to impact and influence both internal and external stakeholders and provide exceptional customer service;
- Exceptional time management and organisation skills, with the ability to meet deadlines and manage competing priorities, whilst working in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to collaborate effectively within the functional team and across business units;
- Good relationship management skills;
- Track record of delivering pragmatic, risk-based legal advice;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Proactive and positive team player.Experience in the oil & gas, marine, autonomous driving, defense or aviation industries would be an asset.Making you feel valued is important to us, so we offer a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, based on your technical expertise and demonstrating our values and ethics. This role may require occasional travel.