· Manage a department of IP legal professionals including lawyers and administrators, including setting of budget and targets, work assignment and workload balancing, workforce training, arranging additional resources where needed, and performance review;
· Prosecution of IBM patent, trademark, and industrial design applications in Canada, including supervision of outside counsel for those activities (as well as preparation of applications);
· Provide support for similar activities in Latin America.
· Review inventions and trademarks to assess whether to seek formal protection;
· Advise IBM internal teams in Canada on IBM IP rights, including coordination with corporate legal functions;
· Provide support for resolving IP disputes and litigation;
· Provide IP legal support for mergers and acquisitions,
· Provide IP legal support for customer transactions, patent licensing, and source code licensing; and
· Deliver IP-related education.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Pass Patent Agent Exam
Preferred Tech and Prof Experience
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree Commissionable: No