Saturn Power Inc. is a developer and independent power producer specializing in project development, engineering, procurement, construction management, and other corporate functions with respect to solar, wind and other renewable energy forms. We are currently looking for a Junior Lawyer, located in Baden, Ontario. Renewable energy experience would be an asset.
The incumbent provides assistant support by:
- assisting with transactional matters by reviewing and preparing documents and overflows and maintaining relevant files;
- assisting with project due diligence;
- drafting term sheets and letters of intent;
- assisting with review of RFPs and proposals;
- corresponding with external legal counsel, third parties and liaising with representatives of the business lines; and
- other projects and responsibilities, as assigned.
- Licensed with the Law Society of Upper Canada;
- exceptional communication skills (written & oral);
- minimum of 2-3 years of corporate law experience;
- advanced computer skills, proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook);
- team player with the ability to work independently;
- strong knowledge of legal concepts and contractual language;
- high level of judgment/organizational skills and initiative to deal with varied duties;
- ability to exercise discretion when dealing with sensitive, highly confidential matters;
- ability to adapt to change on short notice;
- exceptional organizational skills; and
- ability to multitask.
Job Type: Full-time
Corporate law experience: 2 - 3 years