A Saskatchewan company is seeking to hire an experienced Commercial Litigator that has the ability to work remotely. This position will primarily work on complex commercial litigation matters. Salary $200,000-$300,00.
- Demonstrates exceptional knowledge and expertise in all phases of litigation and trial
- Work on current cases involving complex commercial litigations.
- Drafts substantive pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery, deposition and trial preparation and other legal documents.
- Demonstrates exceptional legal research and writing skills.
- Takes a leadership role in working collaboratively with attorneys and executives to achieve results and identify/resolve issues.
- Travels as required for court appearances, depositions and trial.
- Negotiates as authorized.
- Act as primary legal department contact for outside attorney communications on projects
- Reports to the CEO
- Flexibility to quickly respond to daily needs and juggle multiple assignments and tasks.
- Long hours as required
- Quickly absorb information to get up to speed (fully knowledgeable) on current litigation
- Minimum of 7 years experience in complex commercial litigation.
- Graduation from an accredited law school with an active license to practice law.
- Experience in federal court.
- Excellent deposition and preparation skills.
- Strong and persuasive oral and writing skills. Ability to clearly and effectively articulate position.
- Exceptional and articulate presentation skills.
- Appreciation for and commitment to delivery of the highest quality legal work.
- Sound decision-maker and problem solver Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Ability to multi-task and demonstrates a sense of urgency and responsiveness.
- Strategic thinker, sound decision-maker and problem solver.
- Ability to take direction and work independently.
Litigation, Patent, Contract, In-house