Position Summary: Act as a subject matter expert for all legal issues and provide legal consultation to JLT Canada. Must have the ability to identify and assess risk and communicate effectively with executives, internal team members and business partners. Act as primary liaison with outside counsel on legal matters.
- Provides legal consultation as well as identifies and assesses risk in order to advise executives and senior management on key legal issues.
- Reviews, drafts and updates of policies and procedures.
- Research changes in legislation to ensure compliance.
- Reviews contracts, legal documents and broker agreements to ensure they are in order.
- Follows JLT policies and procedures, including compliance, privacy and client security procedures, as set out on the Company Intranet and as amended from time to time.
- Responsible for general administrative tasks, such as filing, organization of documents and files.
- Special projects and other miscellaneous duties as required.
- Legal assistant or paralegal diploma, or post-secondary education in the legal/paralegal field required.
- Minimum 5-10 years of corporate legal experience required.
- Knowledge of legal terminology and ability to analyze legal documents for accuracy.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and handle multiple files simultaneously. Proficiency in Word, Excel. Knowledge of Access an asset.