Reporting to the Vice President, General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, The Globe and Mail is looking for a lawyer to join a small and collaborative team. The ideal candidate is passionate about our company. They are unflappable, detail-oriented, and seeking a fast paced environment with large degree of autonomy. They are comfortable making decisions and adept at collaborating with individuals at all levels of the company.
- Draft, review, and negotiate a large variety of agreements of varying complexity, including a wide range of advertising and marketing agreements, RFPs, and technology agreements
- Advise on compliance, governmental and corporate governance matters and staying current on regulatory developments impacting the business
- Work collaboratively with, and provide direction to, our business teams
You should bring the following characteristics and experiences:
THE GLOBE AND MAIL INC. IS DEDICATED TO EQUITY IN THE WORKPLACE
- Lawyer in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario with 3-7 post-call years of corporate experience from a major law firm or in-house counsel role.
- Strong business acumen, negotiation and advocacy skills
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and the ability to pragmatically manage legal risk
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in one or more of the following areas of law: media, advertising, technology, or privacy.
- Corporate governance experience is considered an asset
At The Globe and Mail, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible work environment, where all employees feel valued, respected and supported. The Globe and Mail offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities as part of its recruitment process. If you are contacted to arrange for an interview, please advise us if you require an accommodation.
Apply for this Position