Goldcorp is a leading gold producer focused on responsible mining practices with safe, low-cost production throughout the Americas. A portfolio of long-lived, high-quality assets positions the Company to deliver long-term value. A Canadian company headquartered in Vancouver, British Columbia, Goldcorp employs more than 15,000 people worldwide. Goldcorp’s operating assets include four mines in Canada, one in Mexico, and one in South America. Goldcorp also has a strong pipeline of growth projects. The company is well-positioned to deliver sustained, industry leading growth and performance.
A Goldcorp career can take you from the far north of Canada to the plains of Argentina—and wherever you go, you’ll find a vibrant, supportive, performance-driven culture, and consistent Goldcorp values of safe, productive, and responsible.
Corporate Office - Vancouver, British Columbia
Reporting to the VP, Diversity, Regulatory Affairs & Corporate Secretary, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing legal support in the areas of corporate records and governance. This role will include board meeting preparation in the future.
What You’ll Do
- Maintain and prepare the corporate minutes books including register of shareholders and directors
- Upload virtual minute books
- Maintain and prepares Annual Return Filings
- Draft and edit Corporate Resolution Documents
- Accurately draft, type and review legal documents and correspondence that contains complex and confidential information, including simple contracts and by-laws
- Assist with preparation of Board and Committees agendas, Board materials, uploading documents into Board intranet site, and assembly of Board packages
- Review, proofread and edit documents and correspondence to ensure compliance with corporate and securities regulations
- Conduct SEDI filings for all Board members
- Take instruction, prioritize incoming work, follow through on assignments and manage ongoing tasks
- Organize, file and maintain filing systems, using knowledge of legal records and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
Who You Are
- 7-10 years’ experience working in a law firm in either Corporate Services Department or working for a Corporate and Securities lawyer
- Paralegal certificate or diploma or possess an equivalent combination of courses and work related experience
- Solid understanding of corporate and securities law and regulatory compliance
- Highly proficient in ALF
- Previous knowledge and experience with SEDAR, EDGAR and SEDI searches/filings
- Excellent writing/drafting skills
- Ability to speak and write Spanish would be an asset
- Proven ability to deal with confidential information with a high degree of tact and discretion
- Passionate and excited about the work you do, leveraging every opportunity to bring fresh ideas and raise the bar
- Strong organizational skills
- Self-starter with a committed to continuous improvement with a vested interest in developing oneself as well as others around them
- Interested in working within a diverse and inclusive environment with enthusiasm to work collaboratively and respectfully to achieve mutual success.
- Agile, with the ability to focus on priorities and re-align when needed
- Clear communicator with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
Who We Are
Our culture reflects our values, vision and the diverse group of people that Goldcorp employs worldwide. Here is what you can expect:
- Our people collaborate with one another to achieve mutual success. We build collaborative relationships by valuing diversity and inclusion, others’ points of view and openly sharing pertinent information.
- Our people openly communicate with one another. We deliver specific messages that drive action and accountability, and engage others by listening and using influencing skills.
- Our people plan ahead, track progress and take accountability for achieving safe results and making sustainable improvements. We focus on the highest priorities by aligning activities with organizational values and strategic direction.
- Our people are committed to a safe and healthy workplace. We take responsibility for the health and safety of ourselves and others. We contribute to a culture that values safe execution of all planned activities.
- Our people proactively and willingly build long-term capability of themselves and others. We promote diversity and inclusion. We want to learn and transfer expertise and are willing to coach/mentor our team members in order to actively prepare potential leaders to assume greater responsibilities at Goldcorp.
As an equal opportunity employer, Goldcorp is committed to diversity, inclusion, and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
How to Apply
Applications close on June 25, 2018. Please enter Job Number COR00001933 to submit your online application (www.goldcorp.com/careers). Please ensure that you attach your resume as part of your online application. At this time, we are not accepting candidates referred by recruitment agencies.