Ashton College is looking for Regulated Immigration Consultants/Immigration Lawyers to teach our in-class Immigration Consulting Diploma (IMCD) program at the Abbotsford Campus.
Instructors are responsible for fostering a productive and collaborative learning environment that provides students with the opportunity to gain the knowledge they require to build a career as a Regulated Immigration Consultant. You will also be responsible for preparing course content including lesson plans and lectures, as well as preparing, administering, and grading assignments and examinations.
This program consists of ten different courses:
- IMCD 01 – Principles of Immigration/Administrative Law and Policy and Inadmissibility
- IMCD 02 – Family Class, Humanitarian and Compassionate, and Canadian Citizenship
- IMCD 03 – Economic Classes, Quebec Immigration Program, and the Provincial Nominee Programs
- IMCD 04 – Temporary Residents
- IMCD 05 – Refugee Classes
- IMCD 06 – Client Representation: Enforcement and Appeals
- IMCD 07 – Professional Practice Management
- IMCD 08 – Business Communication
- IMCD 09 – Professional Conduct and Ethics
- IMCD 10 – Immigration Consulting Research and Application
Desired Qualifications and Skill Set:
- Fluency in English
- Regulated Immigration Consultant or Immigration Lawyer with five (5) years of hands-on industry experience
- ICCRC member in good standing/member of Provincial Law Society
- Teaching/training experience (or related experience)
- Working knowledge of the inner workings of Canadian immigration
- Experience in planning, organizing, delivering, and evaluating specific instructional content
- Confident, engaging, enthusiastic, and dynamic presenter
- Passionate about fostering relationships with students (an asset)
This program will be offered in part-time and full-time formats. There are part-time contract positions. Multiple positions are available.
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your cover letter, resume and academic and professional credentials to firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.