PwC Law LLP is a law firm affiliated with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in Canada that provides clients innovative tax, corporate and estate planning advice in all areas of Canadian taxation. We benefit from ready access to the full complement of PwC's resources, expertise and technology in Canadian and international tax, transfer pricing, SR&ED, valuation and accounting. Our PwC Law Litigation team includes tax litigation lawyers with experience at all levels of court, from the Tax Court of Canada to the Supreme Court of Canada, and is made up of senior tax litigation counsels in Toronto, Montreal, Ottawa and Calgary.
The Opportunity: Lawyer – Tax & Corporate Law
We are looking for a Lawyer with at least one year of corporate law experience in a large firm. Additional tax training will be preferred. The position will involve liaising between the Partner and Paralegal and will involve client contact, opinion work, implementation of tax reorganizations, and corporate transactions.
- Assists in advising clients in a number of industry sectors
- Assists clients in their dealings with federal and provincial tax authorities, including the Tax Court of Canada
- Keeping confidential records and tax information for clients
- Understanding finance and accounting principles
- Evaluating and assessing complicated tax issues
- Researching and analyzing applicable tax law
- Recording and managing issues and escalating where necessary
- Aligns to PwC Values and Principles by providing an exceptional client experience
- Prepares presentation materials and reporting when required
- Manage billing procedures for projects and large engagements
- Support Attorneys in leading large client engagements
- Organizes, analyzes, and tracks department records, due diligence, and project files
- Reviews, and edits forms and documents for accuracy
- Organizes and maintains internal and external databases.
- Assists in filing appropriate regulatory filings
- Conducts research on a variety of topics
- Assist with the development of processes to maximize efficiency
- Supports special projects as assigned.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and behaviors:
- One to three years of post-qualification experience in a law firm or corporate legal department
- Member in good standing with the Barreau du Québec
- Master’s or D.E.S.S. of Tax
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office, PC Law (an asset), and legal data management, PowerPoint/presentation software
- Strong research, writing and oral communication skills required.
- Demonstrates excellent analytical, interpersonal, and problem solving abilities.
- Strong attention to detail.
Why Work for PwC
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Products
Our employees make an impact with their dedication to client service, creativity, and high performance. Whatever your passion is, be part of a dynamic, inclusive workplace environment, where you are valued for the unique contribution you bring.
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.
PwC: the Opportunity of a Lifetime