Toronto - Corporate Assistant (Civil Litigaiton and International Law)
- Accurately proofread, format and assist with various legal and general materials, including: documents, reports and other items, ensuring accuracy and completeness; checking for appropriate formatting, spelling, grammar, etc.
- Assist in the preparation and completion of various litigation documentation such as court filings, notices, affidavits, motion records, compendiums and book of authorities
- Serving documents and filing them with applicable courts, tribunals and agencies
- Awareness of processes and deadlines for serving and filing court documents
- Managing administrative aspects of the lawyers' practice/calendar with minimal supervision, including travel arrangements and expenses
- Community College Certificate in a Legal Assistant program with a minimum of 5 years of litigation experience (civil litigation an asset)
- Thorough knowledge of legal terminology, Rules of Civil Procedure, Federal Court of Appeal, Canadian International Trade Tribunal (CITT), Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA),
- Exceptional proofreading and grammar skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Adobe Pro is a must)
- Superior time management, organizational and prioritization skills with ability to work under pressure
- Keen attention to detail and desire to provide high quality, accurate work product.
- A strong team player and demonstrates positive work ethic
Apply To Human Resources
Bennett Jones Services Limited Partnership
3400 One First Canadian Place
P.O. Box 130
Toronto, ON M5X 1A4
Please note that relatives of current employees are not eligible for consideration.
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.