We are seeking a qualified Patent Agent / Lawyer to join our Vancouver patent practice group. In this role, you will work closely with world-class leaders in IP and help our team create business value for our clients by managing, protecting and leveraging their IP assets. The right candidate will find many opportunities to learn and grow within our firm.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor of Science, preferably in Chemistry
• Masters or PhD in Chemistry is a strong asset
• LLB is considered an asset, but is not essential
• Registered Canadian Patent Agent is an asset
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience in patent drafting and prosecution with both domestic and international clients
The ideal candidate:
• Appreciates the importance of client service
• Is responsive to client needs and expectations
• Confidently structures written and oral communications in a clear, concise and articulate manner, with appropriate language and focusing on key points
• Acts as a strategic advisor by asking questions and diligently approaching clients’ matters to understand their business needs, including to solve unexpressed needs
• Maintains integrity, professionalism and high ethical and personal standards Brings positive energy to work teams
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.Smart & Biggar is a proud member of the Law Firm Diversity and Inclusion Network (LFDIN), working to promote diversity and encourage a culture of inclusion in our firms and the broader legal profession. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.