Reporting to the SVP & General Counsel, this Corporate Commercial Lawyer will be responsible for drafting and negotiating commercial agreements and executing M&A and financing transactions.
- Deliver exceptional value and engage in a diverse corporate commercial practice, which will involve advising in respect of various business transactions, drafting and reviewing a wide range of business contracts and providing sound legal advice
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements such as vendor/procurement or sales/service agreements, non-disclosure agreements and licensing, distribution and manufacturing agreements
- Review M&A paperwork, particularly contracts, and draft a variety of auxiliary documents
- Handle all contracts relating to establishing or dissolving a business, merging two businesses, creating sales contracts, establishing non-compete clauses or changing a business’s organizational structure
- Maintaining a high level of professionalism and outstanding business judgement with an innovative approach to legal issues in support of strategic business initiatives and objectives
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to handle all different areas of commercial agreements; proven experience in contract drafting, negotiation, general corporate, and commercial law
- Proven experience in one or more of commercial transactions (including service agreements), technology law, marketing law, and privacy law is an asset
- Strong drafting skills and excellent oral and written communication, strong legal research, drafting and oral advocacy, strong drafting, negotiation and research skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Proactively communicate with a client and develop and maintain a trusted relationship throughout the process
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking abilities, as well as a high level of energy and ability to provide an exceptional level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Strong problem solving and decision-making skills
- Bilingualism (English and French) is considered an asset
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years corporate commercial experience; experience in corporate/commercial transactional matters, which includes mergers and acquisitions, financing and corporate restructuring
- 5+ years of drafting commercial agreements
- 5+ years’ experience in Corporate Law is considered an asset
- Have experience working with clients in various industry sectors, including highly regulated industries
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Category Legal