We’re on a mission to build the relationship-focused bank of the future and we’re looking for the passionate collaborators, innovators, advisors, and leaders who can get us there. Our distinct culture is built on a shared commitment to do what’s right for our clients, our people, and our communities, and we strive for excellence in everything we do. Because life at CIBC is not only what you do, but how you do it.
To learn more about CIBC, please visit CIBC.com
What You’ll Be Doing
With about 50 lawyers working from offices in Toronto, Montreal, New York, London and Hong Kong, CIBC Legal manages legal outcomes by providing a full range of legal and transactional support services to CIBC’s businesses worldwide.
The successful candidate will provide legal support to CIBC’s Technology and Operations department, the Corporate Services procurement department and other areas of the bank as appropriate
How You’ll Succeed
· Legal Advice - Providing legal advice and support on issues relating to technology, outsourcing, procurement, contracting and intellectual property
· Transaction Negotiation – Negotiating and drafting significant technology, outsourcing and other commercial transactions
· Managing Outside Counsel
Who You Are
· Certifications You Have. Successful Candidate must have been called to the Bar in Ontario
· You give meaning to data. You enjoy investigating complex problems, and making sense of information. You're confident in your ability to communicate detailed information in an impactful way.
· You act like an owner. You thrive when you're empowered to take the lead, go above and beyond, and deliver results.
· You look beyond the moment. You make decisions and take actions that will make a difference today and tomorrow. You proactively seek new opportunities to define what's possible.
· You can demonstrate a minimum of 4 years experience corporate commercial contract drafting at a top tier law firm or in a large in house legal department and will possess strong leadership and organizational skills. It’s an asset if you have experience in information technology and outsourcing.
· Values matter to you. You bring your real self to work and you live our values – trust, teamwork and accountability.
What CIBC Offers
At CIBC, our people are our greatest asset. You’ll become part of a diverse community that acknowledges everyone’s unique talents, and empowers teams to do what’s right for the client, and to do it well. As part of our team, you will:
· Thrive: Benefit from an open and approachable culture that provides the flexibility and support you need to integrate your life at work and at home
· Connect: Work in a place where the right technology and infrastructure fosters innovation, collaboration and creativity
· Develop: Grow your skills and career through our best-in-class onboarding experience, ongoing learning opportunities, individual development planning, and comprehensive product training
· Prosper: Share in our collective success with a competitive salary, incentive pay, banking benefits, health benefits program, and employee share purchase plan
What You Need to Know
· CIBC is committed to creating an inclusive environment where all team members and clients feel like they belong. We seek applicants with a wide range of abilities and we provide an accessible candidate experience. If you need accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
· You need to be legally eligible to work in Canada at the location(s) specified above and, where applicable, must have a valid work or study permit
This is a regular full time role with a schedule of 37.5 hours each week. Your hours maybe vary depending on business needs.