TD Staff Legal is growing again. Reporting to the VP Legal, handles assigned P&C insurance legal matters, represents TD Insurance or its policyholders in civil litigation and no fault/accident benefits matters involving claims for money damages or compensation for personal injury or property damage.
• Uses Litigation Protocols to develop and revise appropriate legal strategy for discovery, investigation, handling and trial/hearing of cases or matters; advises, communicates and develops those strategies with TD Insurance Claims Representatives and insured Clients, as appropriate.
• Conducts necessary and appropriate discovery, hearings, trials, oral arguments, mediations, arbitrations and similar proceedings. Researches the law applicable to cases or matters. Drafts legal documents, pleadings, motions, legal factums and opinions as required. If requested, conducts settlement negotiations.
• Advises, communicates and confers with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients, rendering clear, unambiguous legal opinions and advice. Personally meets with, and maintains good relations and communications with Claims Representatives and Insured Clients as required.
• Remains current with developments in the law; understands medical, scientific, construction, products, engineering or similar issues and defences involved with cases.
• Completion of law school with LLB or JD and admission to the bar in Ontario.
• MINIMUM 2 years post-call experience as a lawyer in Ontario. Background in insurance defence litigation, including personal injury and accident benefit claims and / or general litigation experience preferred.
• Knowledge of legal and court documents and procedures.
• Knowledge of standard office equipment and word processing.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively with policyholders, courts, and Judges.
• Ability to edit and proof legal documents.
• Motivated self-starter with capability to work productively under pressure.
• Strong interpersonal & client service skills, professional and positive demeanour.
• Superior organization & priority setting skills, strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
• Conceptual and creative problem solving skills
Flexible work schedules available. We wish to thank all applicants however, only successful candidates will be contacted for interviews. No telephone or e-mail inquiries please.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.