Achieve your full potential in an environment where there’s flexibility to cultivate your personal brand and knowledge base.
About PwC Law LLP
PwC Law LLP is a law firm affiliated with PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP in Canada that provides clients strategic guidance and support in all aspects of Canadian, U.S.and global immigration. PwC Law LLP is part of PwC’s global immigration network with over 800 people in 128 countries.
The Opportunity: US Immigration Law Clerk
PwC Law LLP seeks a US Immigration Law Clerk to join our firm on a full time basis This position will be an integral part of a team of corporate immigration lawyers and clerks who specialize in all aspects of Canadian, USA and global corporate immigration.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills; impeccable attention to detail; ability to perform multiple tasks in an upbeat and sophisticated legal environment that serves the interests of some of the World's largest corporations; and 1+ years of corporate US immigration law experience.
· Prepare petitions /applications for various for NIV and IV immigration cases, including:
· Temporary work visas (H-1B, E-1/2, TN, O-1, L, J); I-140 (EB-1,EB-2, incl. national interest waiver); I-485,incl. consular processing; fiancé/fiancée petitions;
· applications for employment authorization document; travel document; replacement I-94; I-90; I-751; naturalization; change/extension of status, including B2; PERM; Motion to Reopen/Reconsider (I-130); Appeal (I-140);
· Prepare response to requests for evidence; research law, procedure and keep track of immigration law updates;
· Manage various administrative duties including: maintain case management database, direct client contact-- phone calls, emails, and postal correspondence; contact USCIS and U.S. consulate/embassies, scheduling visa appointment interviews; assist in client intakes, prepare client mailings and submissions to various immigration offices.
· Customer care, primary point of contact for clients
· 1+ years of experience in US Immigration field
· Knowledge of US Immigration practices and procedures
· University Degree is an asset
· College Paralegal Diploma or Certification is an asset
· Exceptional Client care & support ability
· Ability to demonstrate analytical and problem solving skills within a fast-paced environment
· Ability to locate and research information efficiently, to use it effectively, and to evaluate the quality of the information
· Ability to work with minimal supervision
· Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are essential including the ability to relate to people at all levels
· Ability to effectively prioritize, excellent organization and administrative ability
· Ability to multi-task, use initiative and to work well under pressure / to deadlines
· Team player
· The flexibility to work outside normal office hours may be required from time-to-time.
· Strong knowledge of MS Office, INSZoom, PC Law (an asset), and legal data management software (an asset)
PwC is committed to building a diverse workforce representative of the communities we serve. We encourage and are pleased to consider all qualified candidates, without regard to race, colour, citizenship, religion, sex, marital / family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, aboriginal status, age, disability or persons who may require an accommodation, to apply.
We thank you for your interest; however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted for follow-up.