The Fidelity Legal Department provides legal services to all aspects of Fidelity's business.
What You Will Do
The Legal Assistant is responsible for providing legal and administrative support to the legal function.
- Word Processing that involves: large fund prospectus documents including typing and managing fund prospectuses and the prospectus process, agreements, resolutions, correspondence, forms, minutes and fund meeting materials
- Preparation of material and other support for Board meetings
- Processing legal bill and external director fee payments
- Liaising with external and internal clients on administrative issues
- Performing general clerical duties, including filing, expense reports, faxing, photocopying, scanning, scheduling appointments, travel arrangements
- Assisting with projects as assigned by legal department
What We’re Looking For
- Post-secondary education
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience as an Administrative Assistant
- Legal experience is preferred
- Executive experience is an asset
- Experience managing large documents
The Expertise You Bring
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet strict deadlines and adapt to unique and changing expectations
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Familiarity with fund prospectus documents is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of MS Word (must be able to easily and quickly manipulate large documents, including tracking revisions, creating table of contents, importing tables etc.)
- Knowledge MS Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
What We Do
Fidelity is a world leader in mutual funds and offers a complete line of products and services s to investors through a network of Investment Advisors. The Legal Department plays an integral role in helping achieve these goals.
What You Can Expect From Us
- Competitive compensation.
- Generous Employer RRSP contribution
- Financial Assistance and Accreditation Awards towards recognized designations pertaining to your responsibilities.
- Eligible candidates may receive a special payment to assist with relocation. Restrictions may apply.
- Top tier benefits and perks including reimbursement for tuition, health and fitness club membership fees and computers for personal use.
Why work at Fidelity?
Here Are Just a Few Reasons
- Canada’s Top Employers for Young People (2016)
- Canada’s Top Employers 2017
- GTA’s Top Employers for 2017
- 2016 National HR Awards
- Employee Engagement Award
- Venngo Healthy Workplaces Award
- Best Social Responsibility Program
- Environics Advisor Perception Study 2016
- #1 “Overall Fund Company” – Eleven years running.
- #1 “Overall Back Office and Administration” - 12th year in a row
- #1 (or tied for #1) in all major categories including:
- Sales and Marketing
- Wholesaler and Inside Sales Performance
No telephone inquiries or agencies please. We thank all applicants for their interest. Please note that only those short-listed will be contacted.
By applying to this job, you are consenting to receive an automated acknowledgement of your application.
Fidelity Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process. If you require an accommodation, please e-mail us at FidelityCanadaStaffing@fmr.com.