Permanent, full-time position
Monday - Friday, 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
As a Bilingual Legal Administrative Assistant with the Canadian Nurses Protective Society (CNPS), you will have the opportunity to leverage your legal experience and training. The CNPS is a not-for-profit society that offers legal advice, risk management services, legal assistance and professional liability protection to nurses in Canada. Working to deliver products and services designed for nurses is personally and professionally rewarding. With CNPS, you will enjoy a dynamic work environment and a rewarding career that lends itself to a balanced lifestyle, full benefits and a pension. Interested? Learn more by reading about the position details here below:
Legal Administrative Support
- Opening & closing legal files, drafting confidential letters, memos to file, records of calls, reports, speeches and other documents from electronic, handwritten and Dictaphone copy.
- Organizing and filing paper and electronic information.
- Entering information into the database and verifying input.
- Handling, coding, and routing invoices and related correspondence.
- Assist lawyers with research, case status reports and travel arrangements as required.
General Administrative Support
- Assisting with answering incoming telephone calls and emails, assigning requests for legal advice to CNPS lawyers, processing mail and updating periodicals.
- Providing support to Executive Administrator for meeting arrangements and set-up as required, including minute taking.
- Perform other administrative & general office duties as required.
- Certification in post-secondary law program and 3 to 5 years’ experience in legal administrative support.
- Fluently bilingual in both official languages (written and oral).
- Highly proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience using databases or customer management systems and knowledge of medical terminology &/or working with health professionals would be considered assets.
- Exceptional customer service, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Comfortable working in a dynamic and collaborative team environment.
- Able to multi-task and set priorities day-to-day.
- Professional, discreet and self-motivated.
This is a permanent, full-time position with a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits, including pension. For confidential consideration, please email your cover letter and resume quoting "Legal Administrative Assistant" in the subject line to email@example.com.