Cority leverages its cutting-edge SaaS-based technology and broad EHSQ product suite to partner with organizations around the world to effect meaningful change in the way environmental, health, safety and quality is managed. Cority stands by its customers as they attain performance goals, reduce EHSQ risks, enhance corporate productivity, and create a healthier workforce. The company has received many accolades for its strong employee culture and outstanding growth rate including recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies; being shortlisted for the Canadian Chamber of Commerce’s Private Business Growth Award; and being named by Aon Hewitt as one of the Best Employers in Canada.
· Contracts: Work closely with Sales team in contract negotiations. Review, revise and approve all contracts entered into by Cority, including for example, changes by prospective clients to our standard software and services contracts, to software and services contracts in the customer’s format, non-disclosure agreements, partnership agreements, vendor agreements, and review of RFPs. Responsibilities also include employment contracts, transfer pricing agreements, updates and improvements to our standard software and services contracts, and for those of Cority’s affiliated companies, etc.
· Data Privacy: Apply relevant data protection legislation, including PIPEDA, provincial privacy legislation and health information protection statues, HIPAA, and the European Directive on Data Protection (and new European GDPR) in contract reviews and in providing counsel to various business units.
· M&A: Assist/oversee outside counsel with respect to any M&A activity.
· Intellectual Property: Provide oversight to the management of Cority’s intellectual property and trade secrets.
· Employment: Provide counsel to HR personnel regarding Employment Standards Act and applicable global employment legislation and regulations.
· Corporate Secretarial: Draft resolutions and annual proceedings for Board approval, compliance, and minute book completeness. Provide counsel with respect to administration of Cority employee share option plan.
· Immigration: Provide assistance and support to Cority employees traveling internationally, including NAFTA rules for Canadians traveling for client projects in the U.S. and American employees working on client projects in Canada. Assist any expat employees seeking entry into another country for business travel; e.g., Australia, Middle East.
· Contract Process: Provide recommendations on improving efficiencies and processes for substantive and legal approval of contracts, diarizing of contracts for renewals, filing of contracts and contracts management for easy access, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND CHARACTERISTICS OF AN IDEAL CANDIDATE:
· Law degree from Canadian university law program
· Member of the Law Society of Upper Canada
· Minimum 3-5 years of experience. Experience in both private practice and an in-house role preferred.
Compensation: Competitive base salary and benefits
Location: TORONTO, ONTARIO
Cority is a dynamic, leading-edge, growing, and profitable environmental health and safety software company. Cority’s head office is in Toronto, Canada, but it does most of its business in the U.S. and globally. We develop and sell software to the world's leading corporations and government agencies. Cority provides a collegial work environment, with an emphasis on work-life balance and on career growth for employees. www.Cority.com