Our client, a multinational Canadian law firm in Downtown Vancouver, is in search of a Real Estate Lawyer, specializing in Development. The incumbent will be responsible for structuring, preparing, reviewing, and negotiating advanced real estate contracts such as purchase agreements, ground leases, and other ancillary documentation.
Prior experience in developmental real estate law is preferred, but related experience in commercial areas of real estate law (together with a willingness to learn) will also be considered.
- Structure, review, negotiate, and finalize real estate transactions involving ground leases, purchase agreements, and other legal documentation
- Provide proactive legal support and counsel to internal clients, as well as work with other associates within the real estate division
- Advise on compliance issues relating to leases, land use, and real estate as well as conduct risk assessments associated with land transactions
- Performs commercial closings and other responsibilities as informed
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Law School Graduate
- 1 – 10 years of experience within Real Estate Law, preferably developmental real estate
- Strong comprehension of purchase and sale agreements, leases, financing documents and corporate formation and governance
- Excellent written, interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong analytical capabilities and judgement
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively cross-functional
- Ability to work reliably in a time-sensitive environment
Please apply directly to this posting or forward us your resume/CV to:firstname.lastname@example.org referencing job #1163.
While we thank all who apply, only those being shortlisted will be contacted.
Thank you for applying with Arlyn!