The City of Winnipeg is a vibrant and dynamic organization with many opportunities!
We offer a diverse and welcoming work environment that delivers quality services to our citizens.
Legal Services Department
Posting No: 115648
December 6, 2017
The Legal Services Department is responsible for providing legal advice and services with respect to all of the City’s activities including conduct of real estate and corporate/commercial transactions, litigation and prosecutions, claims/risk management, by-law drafting and statutory interpretation, contracts, labour and employment law and other areas specific to municipal corporations.
As The Solicitor You Will
Your Education And Qualifications Include
- Provide legal advice and opinions to the municipal corporation, its departments and boards.
- Conduct complex commercial files, with a focus on real estate and land use planning and development.
- Draft and review commercial agreements and related documents, property registry documentation, and internal administrative reports.
- Provide advice on commercial matters
CORE COMPETENCIES for ALL EMPLOYEES OF THE CITY OF WINNIPEG:
- Bachelor of Law Degree.
- Member in good standing of the Law Society of Manitoba.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the area of commercial law; a focus on real estate would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide variety of people.
How To Apply
- Citizen & Customer Focus
- Respecting Diversity
- Ethics and Values
- Integrity and Trust
- Results Oriented
, including all documentation listed below:
- Current resume AND cover letter (Required).
Online applications can be submitted at http://www.winnipeg.ca/hr/ . For instructions on how to apply and how to attach required documents please refer to our FAQ's or contact 311. The City of Winnipeg uses the Korn Ferry Leadership Architect Competency Model as part of the recruitment process.
- Applications submitted without REQUIRED documentation will not be considered.*
If you do NOT have access to a computer/email, please apply, including all documentation listed above, to: Staffing Branch, HR Services, Main Floor – 510 Main Street, Winnipeg, MB by 4:30 P.M., Wednesday, December 6, 2017.
- A developmental opportunity for an applicant with fewer than 10 years’ experience in the area of commercial law may be considered if no applicants meet this qualification. The developmental opportunity would be compensated at the salary range listed below*. For the purpose of this recruitment applicants to be considered for the developmental opportunity must possess a Bachelor of Law Degree, but may have between 3 and 10 years’ experience.
- Applicants may be required to undergo testing to determine their knowledge, abilities and skills as they relate to the qualifications of the position.
The salary range for this position is $3,362.29 – $4,522.68 bi-weekly.
We have great benefits and competitive salaries, and we are committed to ongoing learning and career development!
- The salary range for the developmental position is $2,782.77 – $3,737.83 biweekly.
WE SEEK DIVERSITY IN OUR WORKPLACE. INDIGENOUS PERSONS, WOMEN, VISIBLE MINORITIES, AND PERSONS WITH A DISABILITY ARE ENCOURAGED TO SELF-DECLARE.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Requests for Reasonable Accommodation will be accepted during the hiring process.