We are looking for an energetic, well organized, innovative and personable individual to join our team at Houser Henry & Syron LLP. We are a boutique law firm in the heart of downtown Toronto, and we are growing.
Ideal candidates possess a desire to do great work, and be recognized for it. The successful candidate for this role will be well versed in Real Estate and/or Corporate Law. This role will appeal to someone who has a passion for continuous improvement and service excellence, who wants to be part of a small team with great ideas, and wants to grow with us.
Essential skills include a relentless attention to detail, patience, resourcefulness, and the ability to remain calm and focused under pressure.
- Graduated from a recognized law clerk or legal assistant program
- 5+ years of Law Clerk experience, specializing in Real Estate and/or Corporate Law
- Experience conducting title/off title searches, preparing and registering standard real estate documents
- Experience drafting articles of incorporation, amendment, etc. an asset
- Experience conducting corporate due diligence, drafting supporting documents an asset
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Outlook, Teraview, Conveyancer and PC Law
- Experience using Worldox or an equivalent document management system an asset
- Ability to research and interpret legal and technical procedures, statutes and regulations applicable to the areas of practice
- Ability to work on multiple transactions and matters simultaneously
- Organized and effective communicator with meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, take appropriate initiative, prioritize and multitask
- Flexible, client service oriented, team player
Submit your resume & cover letter to email@example.com