part time legal assistant (12 hours per week in office, 5 hours from home) to work out of our offices in the financial district and/or Yonge and St. Clair and occasionally work from home.
This role will work with two junior - mid level lawyers at a small, but growing new law firm specializing in employment and human rights law.
To apply, please email a cover letter and resume.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
No Agencies Please
Qualifications and Skills
- You should have five (5) years’ experience as a legal assistant;
- You should have experience working for a sole practitioner or a small firm;
- You should be very familiar with Microsoft Outlook;
- You should be some what familiar with CLIO (we do not use PC law) or demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn it;
- You should be very familiar with accounting software;
- You should be comfortable taking the initiative to improve the law firm;
- You should be very familiar with the Rules of Civil Procedure and the HRTO Rules of Procedure;
- Outside of normal hours, you should be willing to occasionally work from home on outlook or the phone.
- You should have a law clerk diploma (or related);
- You should have experience in litigation (employment and human rights preferred).
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $20.50 /hour