The Forge & Foster team works across a diverse portfolio of business units in Hamilton, Ontario. Our focus is on commercial real estate acquisitions and managing our assets into successful ventures for our investors. At Forge & Foster we believe investments shape cities and change lives. Our team turns vision into reality and returns are a by-product of passion and dedication.
Our business activities can be summarized in three simple words: Create. Partner. Elevate.
With a fast growing portfolio, we are looking for a Corporate & Real Estate Attorney to add to our team. You will act as a strategic advisor and resource working closely with senior management on the evaluation and management of legal risk, negotiations, contracts, legal compliance, and real estate acquisitions and dispositions.
This exciting opportunity is available to an ambitious, entrepreneurial individual seeking an in-house role at a small but fast growing company who possesses broad legal knowledge, leadership and business acumen skills.
- Consult on all corporate legal processes (e.g. real estate transactions, business mergers & acquisitions, compliance, agreements, etc.)
- Review, draft and negotiate commercial agreements with business partners, service providers and suppliers
- Provide general legal counsel to senior management with respect to corporate commercial matters
- Provide advice on corporate transactions, including joint ventures, strategic partnerships, divestitures, refinancing, corporate restructuring and other complex transactions
- Ensure internal clients and executive team members receive sound, practical and timely legal advice
- Aid in the drafting of agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Research, anticipate and guard company against legal risks
- Represent company in potential legal proceedings (administrative boards, court trials etc.)
- Solid experience in contract review, drafting and negotiation
- Ability to provide legal advice which is business-focused and timely
- Well-versed in how businesses operate, and a strong financial acumen
- Excellent analytical / conceptual problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic, self-starter and quick-study mentality
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to operate in a highly fluid and aggressively expanding organization
- Ability to manage a high volume and time sensitive workload
- High degree of professional ethics, integrity and gravitas
- Excellent judgement and analytical skills
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- LL.B degree from an accredited Canadian school of law
- Current practicing member of the Law Society Of Upper Canada
- Strong knowledge in real estate law is an asset with an overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigation, labor law, etc.)
Required license or certification:
Forge & Foster offers an attractive compensation package. In addition to a $65,000 annual salary, we offer benefits after 3 months as well as a strong corporate incentive program. This includes: an annual bonus, co-investing opportunities, and an employer matched RRSP program.
In addition to your resume, please send a cover letter explaining why you are the perfect candidate for the position. Applications received without a cover letter will not be reviewed.
corporate law, litigation, labor law, etc.