Aviva Trial Lawyers is currently seeking accident benefits litigation clerks for our Mississauga and Markham offices. As an accident benefits litigation clerk you will be responsible for supporting one lawyer in the handling of accident benefit matters. Familiarity with tort litigation matters is also required. This is a hybrid position where you will be responsible for various clerking tasks as well as the day-to-day file management.
- Preparation and drafting of correspondence and legal documents (motion records, affidavit of documents, affidavits, pre-trial/mediation memos, cost outlines, bill of costs, subpoenas, summons to witness, consent and dismissal orders, responses by insurer to an application for arbitration, accident benefits brief, AABS case conference summaries); ensuring all appropriate documents and forms are filed with the court/tribunal in accordance with the Rules of the License Appeal Tribunal, Financial Services Commission of Ontario, and the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Compilation of books of authorities/factums
- Preparing and following up with requests for productions and undertakings
- Summarizing discovery notes, transcripts, economic loss and medical reports
- Arranging investigations/surveillance, including preparing various instruction letters to investigators
- Arranging independent medical examinations, including drafting and preparing the medical briefs
- Dicta-typing; filing; scheduling, keeping lawyer's calendar updated; and updating internal database
- Requisitioning cheques
- Maintaining electronic file organization
- Booking travel; including flights, cars and hotels as needed
- Ensure integrity of information in matterMANAGER applications
- Liaise between counsel, external parties, and claims operations
Required Qualifications, Knowledge, & Skills
- Minimum of 5+ years of legal assistant and law clerk experience in an insurance defence or personal injury litigation environment
- Post-secondary accreditation for legal assistant or law clerk, or equivalent experience preferred
- Excellent computer skills including experience with MS Word, ACL, Adobe, and Outlook
- Knowledge of the Rules of the License Appeal Tribunal, Financial Services Commission of Ontario, and the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Ability to work in a paperless environment
- Customer-service oriented with superb communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Attention to detail with a desire to take initiative
- Able to work independently with minimal direction and as part of a team
- Mature work ethic and good sense of humour
Aviva Canada is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities during all phases of the hiring process including the application process. If you require an accommodation because of a disability, we will work with you to meet your needs. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance. If you are selected for an interview and require an accommodation, you are encouraged to advise the Talent Acquisition Partner who will consult with you to determine an appropriate accommodation.
Aviva Canada is one of the leading property and casualty insurance groups in the country providing home, automobile, leisure/lifestyle and business insurance to more than three million customers. A wholly-owned subsidiary of UK-based Aviva plc, the company has more than 4,000 employees focused on creating a bright and sustainable future for their customers and communities.
Aviva Canada invests in positive change through the Aviva Community Fund, Canada’s longest running online community funding competition. Since its inception in 2009, the Aviva Community Fund has awarded $7.5 million to over 250 charities and community groups nationwide. Aviva Canada, bringing over 300 years of good thinking and insurance solutions to Canadians from coast-to-coast.
For more information visit avivacanada.com, the company’s blog or Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn pages.