Associate Counsel, Employee & Labour Relations
Viterra has a unique and diverse business environment - ideal for someone who is looking to develop and advance their career in the field of labour and employment law. Reporting to the Director and Counsel, Employee and Labour Relations, this position is responsible to contribute to the development, implementation and management of labour relations strategy for North America while partnering with colleagues in the HR division to provide a wide range of labour, employment and HR-related legal services.
As the Associate Counsel, Employee and Labour Relations at Viterra, you will focus on the following:
- Advise internal stakeholders on the interpretation and application of collective agreements as well as labour and employment-related legislation and common law principles;
- Perform in-depth research on labour and employment issues and provide written analysis and strategic recommendations;
- Manage grievance files including arranging and attending grievance meetings, providing grievance responses and ensuring deadlines are met, and providing recommendations on how to effectively resolve grievances;
- Assist the Director with grievance arbitration hearings and other labour and employment law proceedings before administrative tribunals;
- Provide assistance and take a critical role in preparing for and participating in the negotiation of collective bargaining agreements;
- Assist in the development and implementation of labour and employment policies and procedures.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Has superior oral and written communication skills;
- Maintains a demonstrated ability to provide clear analysis and creative, practical and business focused solutions;
- Has a proven ability to develop and maintain effective relationships in a high-performing team environment;
- Takes the initiative and is self motivated to drive projects and day to day work to successful completio
- A bachelor of laws (LL.B) or juris doctor (J.D.) degree from a Canadian accredited law school;
- Qualification to practice law in Saskatchewan;
- A minimum of 2 years of legal experience;
- Previous experience in labour and employment law would be a definite asset
- French language skills will also be considered an asset.
Tracking number: R-4525
Viterra offers a competitive salary and benefits plan.
If you believe these opportunities and skills are a fit, please apply at Viterra.com.
Viterra is Canada's grain industry leader, supported by the expertise of its people, a superior network of assets, and unrivalled connections to world markets. Headquartered in Regina, Saskatchewan, our commitment to agriculture goes back over 100 years, partnering with farmers to market and move their crops to areas of need around the world.
Guided by our values of integrity, trust and respect, our goal is to achieve a workforce as diverse as the people we serve. We encourage aboriginal people, persons with disabilities, women, visible minorities and others to join our team.