We didn’t get to be a leader in energy delivery or ranked on the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations index on our own. We did it in partnership with outstanding individuals who work together as a team to fuel people’s quality of life. Individuals like you. And now we’re looking for just such an individual to join our team.
To learn more about us, visit www.enbridge.com.
Posting End Date: September 18, 2017
- The primary focus of the role is in conjunction with the Assistant Corporate Secretary, effectively administer governance and compliance processes and tasks including the planning, organizing and execution of all Board of Director and related corporate secretarial functions of Enbridge Inc.
- As a seasoned Paralegal, demonstrate broad business and technical knowledge in legal filings and documentation , resolve problems, project manage tasks/projects assigned, identify opportunities and have a keen awareness of interrelationships with key stakeholders.
Board Logistics Coordination:
- Manage and oversee all aspects of Board and Committee meeting logistics (including attendance, catering, transportation, Boardroom set up, materials, dinners, seating arrangements, etc.
- Front Line interaction, responsibility and accountability with Board of Directors and Executive Management at Board meetings.
- Oversee coordination of annual general meetings (EI and EIF) and all logistics associated therewith with all external and internal parties.
- Oversee annual filing timetable for Corporate Secretarial, Public Affairs, Investor Relations and Controllers to coordinate filing of proxy materials.
- Function as liaison with Directors and management to facilitate dissemination of information.
- Construct Board packages, ensuring said packages are uploaded to the portal;.
- Oversee and coordinate Special events for Board of Directors and Executive Leadership Team (yearly golf tournament, strategic planning session, site tours and AGM).
- Research applicable legislation pertaining to D & O Questionnaires to update annually for circulation, and; maintain summary of responses.
- Research securities legislation and data compilation to ensure Directors’ Manual and Board Guidelines are current.
- Maintain all pertinent directors’ data, which includes (but not limited to) travel information for efficient and timley communication.
- Amend, maintain and circulate current list of all officers and directors of Enbridge Inc. and all Committee memberships.
- Monitor costs for annual budget.
- Administer Board orientation onboarding program for new directors, including, but not limited to, preparation and dissemination of new director material and scheduling meetings for new Directors with Executive Management.
- Provide ongoing education and training to Directors.
- Facilitate board evaluations to ensure succession planning.
- RePrepare Board and Committee agendas and memos.
- Responsible for regular review and updating of website, ELink and publications for directors and governance sections.
- Independently draft and circulate resolutions for signatures, ensuring file maintanence of resolutions.
- Oversee the Corporate Secretary email box, review correspondence and forward to the applicable person for response.
- Deliver to the Business Units Board memos and resolution extractions presented at previous Board meetings.
- Maintain important corporate documents and records, such as disclosure information, compliance with state laws, and Securities and Exchange Commission reporting and compliance.
- Oversee stockholder relations and maintain records related to stockholder correspondence, stock issues, and transfers or proxy statements.
- Liase with the accounting department to prepare documents for quarerly reviews and yearly audits.
- Present updates to Controllers for management representation letters and to auditors for audit response letters.
- Coordinate SoX compliance requests.
- Administer and maintain the Board Portal.
- Coordinate with Accounts Payable to administer payment of director’s expenses.
- Research, recommend and assist in the planning of yearly meetings (i.e., dates, venues).
- Catpture, maintain and administer employment and consulting contracts using prescribed procedures.
- Compile, review and manage transactional documents.
- Provide general administrative tasks as required.
Annual General Meeting:
- Direct all activities related to the annual meetings of shareholders (EI and EIF), including but not limited to the booking of accommodations, catering for daily meetings, AGM reception and set-up of venue
- Liaison for Public Affairs, Investor Relations and Transfer Agenda on all annual meeting matters
- Communicate with transfer agent on reporting matters
- Research, compile and prepare draft meeting minutes for review by Corporate Secretary and Executive Leadership Team
- Coordinate mailouts of annual shareholder meeting documents
- Lead filer responsible for the planning and managing of securities filings in Canada and the US.
- Oversee and coordinate the finalization and filing of the Company’s continuous disclosure materials in compliance with Canadian and U.S. securities laws via SEDAR and EDGAR, including reviewing corporate governance policies.
- Conducting research and ensursing compliance with all laws and regulations.
- Advising on and independently drafting materials related to pertinent legislative and regulatory regimes.
- Prepare insider reports and SEDI filings.
- Construct applications for approval of listings by TSX and NSE.
- Accountable for regulatory filings in compliance with stock exchanges in Canada and the US.
- Draft relevant sections of Management Information Circular and Annual Information Form.
- Liase with Public Affairs on news release dissemination.
- Coordinate interim financial disclosure documents on SEDAR.
- Establish, coordinate and execute Dividend payment process.
- Provide support to in-house securities lawyers in preparation and execution of capital market transactions.
- Maintain publicly traded entity, its subsidiaries (domestic and foreign) and their corporate minute books and prepare necessary documentation to affect any changes.
- Facilitate and support auditor reviews.
- Execute the filing of annual returns and ad hoc CORES filings.
- Oversee legal due diligence.
- Effectively and timely maintenance of all name changes, records office changes, changes in shareholders, directors and officers.
- Compile and manage all transactional documents relating to corporate activities.
- Coordinate and oversee special projects as required.
- Arrange payment of invoices for Board related items.
- Open files related to the office of the Board of Directors and others which pertain to the Corporate Secretarial function.
- Draft memos and other documents for Board related items.
- Establish the process and coordinate the yearly clean-up of files for offsite storage.
- Post secondary education (i.e. Business Administration, Paralegal certification, Legal Assistant Diploma)
- Senior securities experience with a minimum of 7 years’ experience, preferably with publicly traded companies and/or law firm
- Additional related courses/education and/or experience in corporate governance
- Formal SEDAR, EDGAR, SEDI, TSX SecureFile, NYSE Listing Manager, BoardVantage training and experience is a requirement
- Event planning experience is a definite asset
- Strong customer/client focus with the ability to listen, identify key issues, advise and maintain confidentiality and the ability to answer questions promptly and professionally
- Strong attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Strong analytical skills and ability to assess and evaluate
- Proficiency with MS Office suite (Microsoft Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Access and Visio). Well-developed internet navigation, and general computer usage skills.
- Exceptional document processing skills (Adobe) with the ability to quickly learn and adapt to internal management systems.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize work to meet the challenges of providing support to multiple employees in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to independently manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and make suggestions to streamline processes
- Highly disciplined with regard to handling confidential information and working with minimal direct supervision
- Demonstrate capability in ensuring strong linkages both inside and outside of the organization
- Exceptional relationship management skills
- Effectively operate through cross functional accountabilities and authorities
- Strong communication skills, oral and written, focused internally at all levels
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, focused internally and externally, at all levels
- Must be able to adapt quickly, prioritize effectively and have a high degree of common and business sense
- Must possess initiative, sound judgment, respect for confidentiality, strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience with Oracle/Markview and Workday
- Value alignment of integrity, safety and respect
- High achievement orientation
We accept applications submitted via our online recruiting system only (https://careers.enbridge.com).
Enbridge is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to provide employment opportunities to all individuals, without regard to race, religion, age, sex, color, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or disability. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available on request during the recruitment process. Applicants with disabilities can request accessible formats or communication supports by contacting email@example.com.
We appreciate your interest in working with us; however, only those applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Final candidates for this position may be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check.