Tyco is currently hiring a Contract Manager to work at its Mississauga, Ontario location. This position will report to the Chief Counsel (Canada) for Tyco. The successful candidate will provide primary contracts management support for Johnson Controls/Tyco Integrated Fire & Security’s Canadian business as well as corporate secretarial support for JCI’s and Tyco’s Canadian businesses. Position Summary: Provide primary contracts management support for the Tyco Integrated Fire & Security and Johnson Controls businesses Canada. Indirect support for sales organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Review, analyze, draft and negotiate a broad range of commercial sales and services agreements, amendments, non-disclosure agreements, construction agreements, non- subcontract agreements, supply/distribution agreements and related documents with internal stakeholders and external customers.
• Review requests for proposals, requests for bids and other competitive solicitations; assist sales team in preparing responses to such bid requests.
• Work with the business to review and help resolve contract disputes and collections matter
• Provide advice and counsel to business clients with respect to contract and compliance issues
• Conduct legal research as required to provide guidance on contract compliance and legal/regulatory requirements
• Conduct training to sales colleagues as appropriate on contract issues, internal policies and procedures
• Corporate Secretarial matters including drafting resolutions, certifications, and Powers of Attorney
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience.
• Law Clerk training and/or certification preferred, but not required.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience drafting, negotiating and managing a wide variety of contracts
• Experience in contract review and negotiation
• Significant experience in working directly with clients’ sales teams and operational management.
• Excellent writing and verbal skills indicative of an ability to interface effectively with attorneys as well as internal and external customers.
• Ability to multitask and work effectively and independently to meet deadlines in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrable skill in negotiating and understanding contract provisions and risk allocation.
• Experience working directly with sales and operations teams
• Bilingual or proficiency in French preferred but not required.
• Experience with construction contracts/bids as well as provincial and federal government contracts/bids a plus but not required