Reference Code: 25847-en_US
Job Type: Permanent
Primary Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
All Available Locations: Toronto
External Posting Description
Guberman Garson LLP (allied with Deloitte LLP) is accepting applications for the permanent, full-time position of U.S. Immigration Legal Assistant at our Toronto, Ontario office. The U.S. Immigration Legal Assistant contributes to our expanding team through premier client service and quality casework within a highly collaborative environment.
Duties and responsibilities for the position include the following:
- Assist lawyers with the preparation of U.S. business immigration cases, such as nonimmigrant visas (B-1, E-1/E-2, E-3, H-1B, L-1A/L-1B, TN), PERM labor certification applications, immigrant visas and adjustment of status applications.
- Draft immigration forms and support letters for applications and petitions using case management software;
- Compile and analyze case facts for applicability to the appropriate nonimmigrant or immigrant visas;
- Collect, organize and assess documentation in support of U.S. business immigration cases;
- Package and submit applications and petitions to the relevant U.S. government agencies;
- Communicate with GGS lawyers on casework and legal issues to timely address inquiries from the client and foreign national employees;
- Correspond with the client, foreign national employees and U.S. government agencies regarding immigration processes and procedures;
- Monitor data integrity for case tracking and status reporting, specifically expiration dates and for compliance with key performance indicators;
- Handle a high volume of casework with multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Conduct legal research using various immigration sources and tools and stay abreast of current immigration rules and regulations;
- Perform file maintenance of U.S. business immigration cases; and
- Participate in team meetings to discuss matters related to client service and case management
External Posting Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or paralegal certificate;
- Professional experience in U.S. business immigration working with nonimmigrant and immigrant petitions and/or PERM applications;
- Familiarity with immigration case management software an asset;
- Superior organizational skills to manage a high volume caseload with competing demands in an immigration law firm or a legal environment;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including cross-cultural communication skills and the ability to effectively interface with clients;
- Communication in a timely and responsive manner to different stakeholders;
- Ability to positively contribute to a team and to demonstrate initiative regarding case assignments
Guberman Garson LLP (GG) is a highly reputable, experienced, and client-focused law firm practicing exclusively in the area of immigration law. With 25 years of experience, GG's alliance with Deloitte LLP in Canada enables the Firm to service clients worldwide. GG understands the particular nature of immigration law and acts on behalf of a wide range of clients from multinational corporations, skilled or professional individuals, temporary workers, students and individuals in sports and the arts.
GG is seeking qualified individuals to join our team of experienced professionals providing strategic immigration advice and guidance. GG offers a unique talent experience that empowers our people with opportunities to do meaningful work and to grow, learn, and lead at every point of their career.
GG is an inclusive employer dedicated to building a diverse workforce. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, and are committed to providing career opportunities in a way that respects the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment process, due to a disability, please reach out to your Recruiter, or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.